You can create a WordPress blog easily to put your business, services or products in front of the world without spending much more money.
WordPress is a powerful platform to create a beautiful blog, with some efforts and small budget any type of personal, professional, business website/blog can be created.
There Are Two Options to Create a WordPress Website:
The first option is WordPress. com
WordPress.com offers both paid and free service, you can create a blog without domain and with a domain, without personal domain your blog URL will be like that ” yourblogname.WordPress.com”, and with the domain name blog URL will be ” yourblogname.com”.
This option is not good enough to start a WordPress blog, as you will not be able to find the right features as your requirement in the future.
We are not saying there are no features there are a lot of features but some time we need specific features and that time you can face problems. You don’t have any money and don’t want to earn through your blog then this option is available for you.
There are many users who choose WordPress.com over WordPress.org and later they found that they have chosen the wrong platform.
The second Option is Self Hosted WordPress Blog
This is a good and best option to create a WordPress blog/website. This platform provides full-control, flexibility without any limit on your content according to your purchased hosting plan.
Easy Step-By-Step Ultimate Guide to Create a self-hosted WordPress Blog
For a self-hosted domain if you are not technical then you need to take the service of web design or development company or a freelancer, selecting a freelancer is better then a company like that on cheap rates you can start a blog website. it’s not more difficult you can try yourself with the following points:
Step 1 A domain name
A Domain name like we have “workdemonstration.com”, read our detailed guide How to choose the best domain name?
Step 1 A Hosting
A Hosting to host your domain name, don’t know which hosting you need to buy ready our guide created for your help to buy a Best Hosting Providers.
In a hosting account, webspace and bandwidth are most important. The hosting should support PHP/MySql to host a WordPress website. IIS hosting is not good to host a WordPress website, the hosting should be Linux with Apache.
There are many providers in the market that promise to provide the best services, but you need to buy hosting according to your requirements and budget. You should purchase a hosting minimum for 1 year, do not purchase hosting for just 1 month it’s not a good idea and loos of money.
Step 3 Point domain to hosting
If you don’t know how to point read How to point a domain to hosting? to complete this step
Step 4 Log in to cPanel
You can find cPanel link in the welcome email received from the hosting provider. cPanel URL can be like that “yourdomain.com/cpanel”, log in with your username and password.
Now you are on the cPanel dashboard.
It’s important if your domain isn’t the main domain of hosting then you need to add as “Add-on Domain” in cPanel. Don’t know how to add read How to add an Add-on Domain?
Step 5 Create Database
Create a MySql DB, DB user, and assign DB privileges to the user, for instructions read “How to create MySql Database“.
Step 6 Download & Upload WordPress on server
Download WordPress files from wordpress.org and then upload it to the server using an FTP Client under the domain or directory where you want to install WordPress.
Below steps can be done after the domain pointed to hosting successfully.
Step 7 Install/Setup WordPress
- In a browser bar enter domain(URL) eg. yourdomain.com.
- WordPress setup will begin, In the first screen select language and click on the continue button, Rest of steps will show in your selected language.
- Next screen will be an alert screen to remind keep following database details before going to the next step
- Name of the database
- User login details assigned to the database
- The ost of Database: usually it’s the “localhost” so keep as it is or if different then you can see database host in your Welcome email or with the database name in cPanel.
- Enter the database details and click on the “Submit” button.
- On Error: You will see an error message “Error establishing a database connection”, click on “Try again” button and check your DB details if any mistake then correct that and “Submit” again.
- On success click on “Run the installation” button.
- Now the welcome window will show, enter the following information in the “Information needed” section:
- Site Title: Give a title to your website/blog.
- Username: Enter the administrator username.
- Password: Enter the password of the administrator.
- Your Email: Enter your email(It’s important and useful to reset password and get site notifications)
- Search Engine Visibility: Keep uncheck this, if you don’t want search engines to index your site then check this otherwise keep uncheck this option.
- Save/remember the administrator username/password and click on the “Install WordPress” button.
- The next screen will be Success! screen with your WordPress admin login page link.
- You successfully installed WordPress on your server.
- Login to admin: Click on the login button to open the admin login page, save the admin URL for future use with admin login details. In login screen enter your administrator’s username/password and click on the login button.
To view your website/blog open a new tab and enter yourdomain.com in the browser, You will see the blog is live now.
What After Installing WordPress?
- Create Post: Write your first blog post, using “Post-> Add New”. Happy Blogging!
- Configure/Add Menus: Go to Appearance->Menus as your theme support.
- Install themes: The Default theme does not have a great look, you can change the new theme using the “Appearance -> Themes” menu option.
- Install plugins: To add extra functionality to your blog you can install plugins.