You should change the WordPress admin password from time to time for security reasons. Many people do not change the password of the administrator, it is a wrong habit.
There are two reasons for changing the password
1. You forgot the password
2. For safety reasons
1. Have you forgotten the WP admin password?
If you have forgotten the password and you remember the admin email then it is very easy to change the password.
You do not remember the admin email, then don’t’ worry it is a bit difficult, but you can still change the password now you will have to do more efforts.
Do you remember the WordPress admin email?
On the WordPress, admin login page click on “Lost your password?”
On the next screen, Enter your WP-Admin Username or Email to reset your password and click on the “Get New Password” button. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password, open link in the browser by default there will be a strong password generated by the system, save or remember the password, click on the ” Reset Password ” button if you want to keep the system-generated password.
You can also change the password with your own password just create a new password with the “Hint:” showing under the “New Password” field and click on the “Reset Password” button.
Now you can log with a new generated password.
You don’t remember the WordPress admin email?
If you don’t remember your administrator email then you can change your admin password through your WordPress database. You can found your WordPress blog database under your hosting account. Most hosting providers users cPanel to manage the website.
How to change WordPress password through cPanel?
Login to your hosting account cPanel, if you don’t have cPanel login details then you can find cPanel link and login details in the welcome email received from the hosting provider at the time of purchase hosting, if you lost then contact to hosting provider support to resend the welcome email.
On Dashboard find the “Database” section. In the database, section click on “phpMyAdmin“.
In the new window phpMyAdmin will open in two parts, in the left part name of databases will show, if you have multiple databases then you need to click only on your blog/website database name, if you don’t know database name then read “How to find the Database name in WordPress?“.
Before go to next step please backup your complete database or backup of “wp_users” database table for security, so if anyting goes worng you can use backup to restore database. Read more about wordpress database backup “How to backup WordPress Database?“.
In the list of tables find the “wp_users” table and click on “Browse” in front of the table name.
WP is a default prefix for a table name, your table prefix can be different
Find the “user_pass” entry under the “Column” tab in the table, in front of the user_pass under function tab select “MD5” option through the dropdown menu, and under the “Value” field enter the new password you want to set. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Go” button.
Your WP admin passwrod just changed by you using phpMyAdmin.
1. Want to change WP admin pass for security?
That’s great you are in only a few peoples they are serious about their blog security. Most of the peoples are reset the password if they forgot. We recommend you need to change your WordPress admin password timely.
it’s very easy to do through the WordPress dashboard, Follow these steps:
- Login to WordPress
- Are you an administrator?
- Find and click on the “Users->All Users” menu option in the left side menus.
- On the next page list of all WordPress, users will show.
- Hover the mouse on the user name that password you want to change, and then click on the “Edit” option.
- Now scroll down to the “Account Management” section and click on the “Generate Password” button.
- In a field, a new password will show, you can change the new auto-generated password with your password if you want to do this or you can keep auto-generated.
- Scroll down and click on the “Update User” button.
- Are you not an administrator
- Login to your WordPress.
- After login in menu option click on Profile Menu
- Scroll down to the “Account Management” section and click on the “Generate Password” button.
- In a field, a new password will show, you can change the new auto-generated password with your own password or you can keep the auto-generated password.
- Save details by clicking on the “Update Profile” button.
It’s very easy to change, You need to change password time to time.